Game Gameplan
Cedric Pulmano
The basis of my game is that it will be a mix between "Space Invaders" and "Breakout". The game will be where there will be enemies who will slowly go towards the character, while the player has to bounce a ball, like in "Breakout" and hit the monsters for them to be go away. I will make the characters and the background on Photoshop, making Pixel Art. There will be the character controlled by the player, which will be a paddle, a ball, and some enemies. The enemies will look retro-style, like in "Space Invaders", I will try and add more detail in the enemies. My first thing I will code will be the movement of the paddle and ball, for I have experience with a paddle and a ball with the "Pong" project. Then, I will program the enemies, including their health, movement, and damage. After, I will add touches like power ups, starting screens, and finishing touches. For the first class, I will create the looks of all the characters, and background. Secondly, I will program the movements of all the characters onto Scratch, and the actions of the characters, like when the ball hits an enemy. I predict this will take two classes, so classes two and three are dedicated to this. Class four of four, I will add power ups and game essentials like a loading screen and ending screen. My inspirations will obviously include "Space Invaders" (http://www.pacxon4u.com/space-invaders), and "Breakout" (https://www.atari.com/arcade#!/arcade/superbreakout/play). I may look at tutorials or other games, and if this game is too easy or too hard I may adapt, but for sure I will use these two games for reference, and make a game like this.
Great proposal. I look forward to playing your finished game!
ReplyDelete- 10/10
- Mr Chen