Game Designer Skills
Cedric Pulmano
Skills I Am Best At
Mathematics - Personally, I enjoy mathematics in school, and think I am decent at it. I am in honours this year, and I feel very comfortable with problem solving. Since there must be a lot of math that cannot be avoided, I can use my skills with math for any sort of math related programming or in game functions. I have a very vague and shallow understanding of some of the math that goes into coding, for I learned a little bit of it, (Coding ellipses, rectangles, and simple shapes with colour,) so I can predict the type of math that goes into the computer graphics and design of shapes.
Communication - I am quite an obnoxious and loud person, but maybe it can come in handy. I like talking and connecting with my friends, and we rely quite a bit on each other when we need assistance. In our conversations, we more often than not ask about each other's opinions, whether it be video games, school, or any other topic. Since I naturally use some of these skills needed for communication, I trust that I can be a good communicator to my peers.
Games - For most of my life, I had a keen interest with playing games. I have played many board games, and still do. Games like chess, Monopoly, card games, and Connect Four have been part of my young life when we had to stay in for recess, or when I was bored with my friends. Later on, I started playing more online games of a wide variety. From just pure killing games, to strategy games. It was something I indulged in, maybe too much. So, I have a moderate sense of most games. I can be creative too, which will help in thinking of ideas. My knowledge and gamer sense, I believe, can aid me in coming up with many ideas.
Skill I Need To Work On
Public Speaking - I understand I wrote that I am a great communicator, but usually in conversations, there is about two or more people focused on by everyone in a fair discussion. There is no one of more importance in a conversation, but public speaking, usually only one person is to be focused upon. I dislike it when the attention is on me, for all that happens is up to what I do, and I cannot shift the observations of other people on anyone else. In a string of conversing, the topic of what is being spoken can easily change, or can be built on what someone else says. But, the content that someone says when speaking in public, no one can add to what the public speaker is saying. It makes me have butterflies in my stomach overall, so public speaking may be a weakness to me.
Games - For most of my life, I had a keen interest with playing games. I have played many board games, and still do. Games like chess, Monopoly, card games, and Connect Four have been part of my young life when we had to stay in for recess, or when I was bored with my friends. Later on, I started playing more online games of a wide variety. From just pure killing games, to strategy games. It was something I indulged in, maybe too much. So, I have a moderate sense of most games. I can be creative too, which will help in thinking of ideas. My knowledge and gamer sense, I believe, can aid me in coming up with many ideas.
Skill I Need To Work On
Public Speaking - I understand I wrote that I am a great communicator, but usually in conversations, there is about two or more people focused on by everyone in a fair discussion. There is no one of more importance in a conversation, but public speaking, usually only one person is to be focused upon. I dislike it when the attention is on me, for all that happens is up to what I do, and I cannot shift the observations of other people on anyone else. In a string of conversing, the topic of what is being spoken can easily change, or can be built on what someone else says. But, the content that someone says when speaking in public, no one can add to what the public speaker is saying. It makes me have butterflies in my stomach overall, so public speaking may be a weakness to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment